Thursday, August 26, 2010

Jet Lag

I have been conditioned by the world to say that I hate jet lag... but this is a complete and utter lie. I've been "suffering" from jet lag since I returned to Korea last Sunday, and my life has been coming up roses. I've become a MORNING PERSON. The other day I even woke up before my alarm went off. It was, well, alarming. And oddly refreshing.

There's a whole world out there! And most of it wakes early! In the morning, I can get things done! I can make an actual breakfast! I can read a book! I can watch television! I have even cleaned. It's amazing what a girl can do before 10 a.m.

It is possible that this is just a phase and that I will be back to my old ways soon. But until then, I'm riding this wave. I am doing some laundry and writing some emails and you can't stop me.

*I realize this post might sound unbelievable, particularly to anyone who has lived with me, especially that one semester when all of my classes started at 2 p.m. Nickie is probably peeing her pants right now. I swear its true. Also, I should add that my definition of waking early is 7 a.m. I hope this still counts.

4 comments:

  1. Great story - you shouldn't share that you can get up early, we will have higher expectations of you now! Thanks for the most recent update -have been waiting and waiting and waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of my favorite parts of Europe jet lag! I was up at 6 AM every morning, willingly. It's strange to see the world before 10 AM. Rock the jet lag wave, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha - I totally agree! When I got back from Europe the last time - I woke up so early and headed to the grocery store and then had to wait a half hour for it to open. whoops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the morning. Jet lag must have the opposite effect on us because one day in Spain I accidentally slept in until 2 pm! Worst. Day. Ever. Wonder if we were like this in the womb? Love, Twin.

    ReplyDelete