Sunday, August 30, 2009

Water Park!!!

As a native Nebraskan, I don't have much experience with water-related activities such as skiing, boating, surfing, etc. Therefore, I become inordinately excited when I get to go to a water amusement park, and yesterday was my day!!!
The park was much like Oceans of Fun, my water park of choice (due to lack of other options), except with lots more Koreans. Here are some observations from the day:
1. Speedos are in. It does not matter if you are in good shape or bad shape. Men in Korea who were wearing speedos at the Caribbean Bay water park yesterday chose to accessorize their speedos with an air of confidence. They thought they looked good.
2. Korean babies are cute enough, but a Korean baby in a bumble bee swimsuit is almost too cute to bear. I had to avert my eyes because I started tearing up.
3. Many Korean women wore sheer zippered hoodies over their swimsuits. They are difficult to describe...and they seem to have no real function at all, aside from making people look fantastic.
4. There was beer at the concession stands. I chose not to partake because drunken swimming never seems like a good idea.
5. The locker room choices were written in both Korean and English. We were to choose between "Outdoor Lockers" and "Super fantastic fancy indoor relaxing lockers." We went with the super fantastic lockers...who can resist such advertising?

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it.

    I have three questions.

    1) when are you going to get a sheer zippered hoodie and post a picture of that fabulousness...

    2) exactly what made the super fantastic fancy indoor relaxing lockers "relaxing"? I want to imagine some kind of super toilet like I heard of on "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me"

    3) has Chin-Hwa been influenced by the culture of speedos?

    - and I am picturing a Korean baby in a bumble bee swimsuit... too too cute....

    oh - and I think I've only been to a water park twice in my life. this kind of makes me want to go again. maybe I will fly over and you can take me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that more people should wear speedos. Sounds like the Koreans have the right idea!

    ReplyDelete