Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lady Gaga




Lady Gaga must have read my thesis.

Tonight, that is the only explanation that I can reach after watching her video for the second time. (http://www.ladygaga.com/telephone/)

I must admit, I'm intrigued. How did this pop goddess manage to work a women's prison in with an infectious dance beat? Perhaps this song is what I was missing from my thesis of last year.

If you haven't seen this video, then you have to go look it up. Why? Because it will make your brain spin. Lady Gaga is either crazy, a genius, or both. I'm not always on board with the latest pop crazes (I never gave in to the NSync craze of yesteryear and I haven't heard anything on the radio for over six months), but this one caught me. Lady Gaga is already quite a character and now that she's teamed up with Beyonce, I think they might be planning on taking over the world. I'm not so sure I would mind that. Dance breaks for everbody!

One of the parts of the video that really stuck out to me was the fact that Lady Gaga utilized the classic "my hand is my phone" schtick and made into a hip new dance fad. I only use the thumb-pinkie hand phone when I'm making fun of Jersey Shore, but now that it's cool, I'll be motioning for people to "call me" all the time.

Really I only write this because I can't get over it. Really. I mean, the message is so relatable. There's nothing I hate more than when I'm trying to work out my emotions on a dance floor and my phone keeps vibrating. I'm like, geez, what is this, Grand central station? Stop telephoning me. I'm trying to dance. Who hasn't been there? Thank you, Lady Gaga, for finally putting words to this experience.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, I love Lady Gaga. She is infectious. Download her two CDs on I Tunes. You will get hooked. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite concerned about your Mother. I know she saw lady gaga on the grammys and still likes her. Seriously lady gaga and sir elton wearing freaky outfits. Armageddon here we come. Like I said your Mother my sister still likes her. I cant get over that and I am not going to even try.

    ReplyDelete